BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
article title within url

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: article title within url Reply with quote

I notice that when I finish a post, the url looks something like this:
blogname.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/date.html

What if I want the title of my post within the url? How do I do that? I don't really need the date within the url, thouth it's ok if it stays.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: article title within url Reply with quote

Article URLs can not be modified, so it is not possible to create URLs as you describe.

You can however create a different type of page which will include the title in the URL. That type of post is called a Web Page; the Web Page type of document is more of a free form web page which does not show the date, poster, etc. and is not automatically inserted into the Main Page. You can create a link to it from an article or a component. The Web Page post is great for things like "About" pages and other pages which you would not consider to be articles in your blog.

From the control panel click on the Post tab, then from the OPTIONS row click on Web Page and you will get to the interface for creating documents of this type.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: