BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
complaints from visitors that pics don't show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drgiancarlo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: complaints from visitors that pics don't show Reply with quote

......a couple of folks have told me they just get "x's" for most of the pictures. only a couple work from the right side thumbnail panel, but all the thumbnails in the photo folds are just an X.

any ideas?

I have no problem seeing them with multiple computers/browsers.....

thanks,

drg
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: complaints from visitors that pics don't show Reply with quote

But you do not see any problem with the thumbnail images from your Recent Photos component displaying on your page? I know your blog address, so I looked and do not see any problem with your images displaying.

Next time your visitor notes this issue, please find out what browser and computer type they are using and send this information to us, along with the date and time there was an issue and we will investigate further.
drg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: X's and ?'s Reply with quote

.....and another user....running OS 10.3.4 and macIE version 5.2, and Safari version 1.2.2.

some photos are X's or ?'s (IE vs Safari), and some are fine.

In my browsers (all of them) the pics are all fine....

any ideas?

drg
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: X's and ?'s Reply with quote

OK, I see what is happening, for some reason the path to one of the images in your Recent Photos sidebar is incorrect. We are going to look into this and will get back to you by email when we have more information. Thanks for pointing this out to us, the problem is on our side and not with your users or related to the browser they are using.
drg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

sounds good. thanks for the prompt response.
drg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: still acting flakey Reply with quote

hi, any followup news?

maybe this is 'new' or maybe it is 'related,' but there is a photo (and thumb) that I now get as an X (Three Women) UNLESS I am logged in with my username and password. Then it shows up fine. I didn't know I could make something secure like that.....!

any insight would be helpful on the older problem you were looking into, and/or this one (if it is indeed unrelated).

thanks!

drg
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: still acting flakey Reply with quote

It is the same problem, and our developers are looking into it for you. It is unique to your blog, I think if you delete that image and re-upload it your problem will be solved. In the meantime, we will be working on determining what is causing it...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: still acting flakey Reply with quote

Seems like this issue might be something that would appear if you upload a picture named 'ThreeWomen.jpg' for example and then reupload an image named 'threewomen.jpg' ... The mismatched case would have caused this type of problem...
drg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

if i don't see two versions of the filename in my list, how can I check to see if this is the problem?

seems there is a similar issue now with a banner pic i posted. i see it fine, but others don't. i'm pretty sure there is only one name for this file (drg.gif)...or at least i only see one in the photo list....
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: pics Reply with quote

drg wrote:
if i don't see two versions of the filename in my list, how can I check to see if this is the problem?

Well, you can't... All I can suggest is that if you are experiencing a problem with image thumbnails from a Photo Album not loading properly, than you should try deleting and re-uploading the image. If you are not experiencing any problems there's really no need to look through your images to find any problems.

I just looked at your albums and viewed every page under 2 different browsers and I can not see any problem at this time...

drg wrote:
seems there is a similar issue now with a banner pic i posted. i see it fine, but others don't. i'm pretty sure there is only one name for this file (drg.gif)...or at least i only see one in the photo list....

I do not see any issues with this file or with your web page, and any issues with this image would not be related to the issue discussed above... The issue above is related to Photo Albums only, not through images uploaded via the File Manager. If you receive reports of problems with your readers not seeing the banner image on your blog header, check your HTML first and if you still can not see the problem post a link here so we can all take a look at the page and help you debug it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: