BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Listing keywords on the post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pembeci

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Listing keywords on the post Reply with quote

Is it possible to automatically list the keywords under an excerpt like the categories are listed under the full article? I don't see any keyword related variables but if there are I guess you can do it with a loop, right?

Another related question, I can't add keywords to my posts. I saved some before I edit post but the 'Add a keyword' link is inactive (more truely, it is not a link, just a text). Am I missing something?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Listing keywords on the post Reply with quote

pembeci wrote:
Is it possible to automatically list the keywords under an excerpt like the categories are listed under the full article?

Good question. My tests don't show that it is possible, I will verify this though... Seems like it should be possible.

pembeci wrote:
Another related question, I can't add keywords to my posts.

Look to the right of Assign Keywords/Add a keyword link at the icon with the Arrows in it. Click the icon and the menu should expand to show you the Keyword options.
pembeci

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any developments on this issue?

It seems like in the article template, loop tags 'keywords' and 'article.categories' are used for displaying the categories and keywords in the Permalink of a post.
The category template has a 'days' loop which contains the 'articles' loop and there is no such variable available inside that loop to display these. I guess it can be done making these variables available inside the 'articles' loop but I have no idea how much easily this can be accomplished.

I think excerpt is a very nice feature. If a blog contains a lot of posts, it allows the blog reader to select posts which s/he finds interesting and read more about them. In that sense, the ability to display the categories and keywords under the excerpt of a post (or the full post) in a category page will be very useful and serve the same purpose.

I hope I am not being too demanding but I really like to see this in my blog.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No updates so far, but you are absolutely correct on all of your points. You have a very good understanding of the framework! All I can say is that our developers are looking into making the keywords variables available within the articles loop and we agree that this is an excellent suggestion.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: