BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
how to delete entire blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: how to delete entire blog Reply with quote

if you wanted to delete your entire blog, is there a faster way to do it than deleting each category one at a time?

What if you wanted your entire blogharbor blog to be offline for a temporary time period? Is there a way to do this, without losing your content? Thanks.
pembeci

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What if you wanted your entire blogharbor blog to be offline for a temporary time period? Is there a way to do this, without losing your content? Thanks.

One way may be setting the priviliges of your categories as private. Actually, I wanted to do the same while I am still working on it and I set the Main page as private but this was not inherited by the sub categories as expected so I didn't want to deal with each category and leave it as it is. If you do not have many categories you can try this. It will not be exactly offline but your posts will be hidden.
pdp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: temporarily hide blog from the public Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I tried that and it didn't work. I set the privelages of a few categories as private, but they were still visible. I do not understand why. Plus hundreds of pages are listed in the search engines linking to the permanent urls and I need the entire site down temporarily. I need it down within a few hours, and the only way I know how is to delete anything. So any help at this point would be GREAT! Thanks.
pembeci

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be you were logged in as the admin of the blog while viewing it, so you were able to see it. Try to logout and view your blog again in a fresh browser window.

As for the permalinks, I didn't test it but when a category is private I believe
they will not work (just a message about that it is private). Just to be sure
you can remove the archive components from your sidebars and also disable RSS feed. The old posts are already indexed by search engines but this may prevent the new posts.

If you really need to delete it, you can download a backup first:
Settings and Security / Publishing Defaults / Import/Export
(I guess you can resurrect it later by using this)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pembeci is correct, just restrict the categories, that would be the fastest and easiest way to do this. If you are logged in as admin, you will be able to see the articles, so hit the Logout button on the Main Page of your blog and you will then be seeing the blog as your vistors see it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: