BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best browser for control panel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pembeci

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Best browser for control panel Reply with quote

I was wondering which browser will be best to use for the control panel?
While checking the earlier posts I saw smt. like "...this works in Mozilla and Firefox but not IE yet." (sorry I forgot which post it was).
I am currently using it with IE and it seems fine but if the developers are using Firefox for instance, I think it may be wise switching to it since it will be the most bug-free browser anytime.

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Best browser for control panel Reply with quote

The best browsers to use are the Firefox and Mozilla browsers, since they have the most support for the code we are using for the Rich Text Editor. That is not to say that IE will not work on the control panel, it certainly will, but the Firefox and Mozilla browsers will likely offer a smoother experience.

Our developers are trying their best to create an environment which works under as many of the modern browsers as possible including IE.
esprit2004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Love Mozilla Reply with quote

I was having a lot of problems with images - couldn't even get the photo capability to work for the first 2 months. Once I switched to the Mozilla browser, it solved all my problems. IE is so buggy that it throws off a lot of the capability of this excellent blog software.

One caveat: when editing in Mozilla, it locks up once it has already been saved. This is easily remedied by placing the cursor anywhere in the text and hitting the space bar one time. That unlocks the whole thing and allows you to edit text or delete photos freely.

Just downloaded version 1.6, I think it was (?), free of charge.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: