BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Editing Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masculiste

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Editing Problems Reply with quote

Lately I have been having a VERY frustrating problem.
I'll post an article. Then, if I need to go back and edit, I find that the body of the article has disappeared. This has been happening a lot lately, but never happened in the beginning. What's going on here and how can I fix it?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing Problems Reply with quote

What browser/version are you using? Does this happen to you randomly, one time and not the next, or does it happen every time?
Masculiste

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win XP with Internet Explorer...Being new to this, I'm not sure what you mean beyond that as far as browsers go.

But it NEVER happened before and then all of the sudden about a week ago, it wouldn't stop. Now, it does it everytime. If, say, I go back and review my archives just to read an old post of mine, and I notice that there are several spelling errors...If I go back to edit, as soon as the edit screen comes up, the title is still there, and the bottom most box still contains my front page info, but the actual article itself is gone...POOF...in the wind. And it doesn't matter WHAT I'm going back to edit, the title, the front page info, or the article...the article is gone. I made the mistake of editing a title, for instance,and when I hit SAVE, then VIEW BLOG, the title was corrected, the front page info remained, but when I pressed MORE, the article was gone. Hope this explanation makes sense to somebody.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try logging out of the service and logging back in to see if you still see the problem; if so, try restarting your machine to clear up and problems that might exist with Windows or Internet Explorer.

Never click Save if you see an empty article body. You will save back a blank article... Just close the browser window.

Let us know if the issue gets cleared up by logging out or restarting the machine.
Masculiste

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Editing Probs... Reply with quote

Well General...I gave it a go, but it was a no-go. I still have the same problem. One other problem that brings me back to editing an article is...

When I post an article...if I post a title within the article body itself, I will sometimes size that title to Medium then size the article itself to Small
(the lettering I mean)...Then when I post...the lettering in the entire article will, title and all, come out as Medium. VERY frustrating. Because, as soon as I go back to re-edit the proper lettering, that's when I discover that the article is gone. Since I'm a bald guy, I don't have any hair to pull out except my chest hair and my eyelashes.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing Probs... Reply with quote

These are actually two different and non-related issues.

As for the browser issue, I would suggest you switch to a different web browser to see if that clears up your problem. We recommend the Firefox and Mozilla browsers; these browsers seem to be less buggy compared with IE and have better support for the code we are using for the Rich Text Editor. Not that IE will not work on the control panel, it certainly will, but the Firefox and Mozilla browsers will likely offer a smoother experience.

Regarding the issue with the size of the text, it looks like your article summaries have unbalanced HTML tags... Please read this thread:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=913

as it explains the problem and the solution.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: