BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Importing from Typepad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1963

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Importing from Typepad Reply with quote

I am struggling when importing from a Typepad blog.
I have the TP export file, which is then imported by Browsing to the relevant file. So far so good.
The first post appears, looking good, and so I click on "Import All" (238 posts) and .....nada....
The first time I got a tiny, unresizeable box which was the Dashboard Page.
The second time, the Import preview window switched to the Dashboard page, but still without the Imported posts listed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Mark
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Importing from Typepad Reply with quote

Tough to tell if you're doing anything wrong without looking over your shoulder. Can you send us the export file so we can try running it here to see if we have problems as well?
mke1963

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: As I thought...... Reply with quote

John,
It seems the limit for the import procedure is 99 posts. I was trying to import 238 posts.
So import needs to be in batches.

- Mark
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: As I thought...... Reply with quote

Mark - Very sorry for the inconvenience... I'll look into why this limit is imposed and see if we can't state this in the interface when you are doing the import. Sorry about that!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: As I thought...... Reply with quote

FYI, it turns out there is actually no limit on the number of posts that can be imported at one time... We're going to look into what might have caused this to happen to you.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: