BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Importing from Blogger: What am I missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Importing from Blogger: What am I missing? Reply with quote

I followed the import guide to the letter but when I try to actually import the import.txt file I get the following error:

"We were unable to parse the uploaded document. Import cancelled."

Is it possible this has something to to with text encoding? And, if so, does anyone know which encoding it wants? i.e. UTF-8, Mac Roman, what?

Thanks in advance.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing from Blogger: What am I missing? Reply with quote

I don't think this would have to do with the encoding, it's more likely that the import.txt file does not follow the format we were expecting... Is there anything at the top or bottom of the file that looks like it does not belong?

If you don't see anything, send the file as an attachment to our support address and we will take a look to see what we can find.
Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Don't see anything. Reply with quote

But then, I'm not sure what I should see. If I understand the directions correctly, the file should begin with the first AUTHOR: item and, I guess, end with the last cut (the ----- -------- bit blogger uses to separate posts).

Should I be seeing something else? I hope we can resolve this without forwarding the file, I mean, it is 57 pages Smile

FYI, I did have a bit of trouble with OS X trying to insist on saving it as an .rtf file at first rather than .txt, so something might have been lost in translation. I'm still fooling with it.

Thanks John
Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Getting Somewhere Reply with quote

Okay, since the last post I did it again and it seems to be behaving correctly. I'm going to guess it was Text Edit's well meaning but misguided attempt to save as .rtf.

I got to the point where I pick "Import All," though, and I got a message that the system is down for maintainence, please try again later. Doh!

I think I got it now, John, thanks again.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: