BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
User admin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1963

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: User admin Reply with quote

I have a number of users set up and user groups, but I am finding it very difficult to administer properly.

For one user, I used 'Add User' to create a new user, but unfortunately mistyped their e-mail address. I have now searched all over (and RTFM!) to find how I can edit that 'Add User" screen.

I even tried logging in as that user, but there seems to be no way for that individual user to edit their own password or name, or anything. Surely this can't be right. What am I doing wrong?

- Mark (again!)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: User admin Reply with quote

We provide a means for you to create users simply as a convenience (as an alternative to the user signing themselves up), so you can create an account for your grandma for example without having to explain all the blog stuff to her, but that account is only manageable by the user and not by you. So there is no list of users you created in the control panel, no method for you to edit their information.

The account is owned by its owner, the person who has access to the email address specified at account creation time, and that is the only person who can change the information associated with that account. To do so, you can go to the Login page and look at the section on the top right: Login to Reader Account. Enter the username and password there. Now you will be at the Reader control panel, and you can change the email address, display name, and other account information.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: