BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Post Web Page function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esprit2004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: New Post Web Page function Reply with quote

A Post Web Page function, allowing custom static HTML web pages to be inserted in the standard templates and match the look and feel of your weblog.

This sounds great! Very Happy Where is it and how do I use it? Can't find it anywhere.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Post Web Page function Reply with quote

From the blog Control Panel, click on the Post tab, then on the next page look for Web Page on the Options row.

This is the area where you can create and manage Web Pages. Web Pages are not part of a category, nor will you see any of the title, author, or posted on information you would see on an article page. There are also no comments or trackbacks to a Web Page.

You simply create and edit your page and note the URL as listed in the Web Page management area, and link to the Web Page from your sidebar or from your articles.
esprit2004

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My word! That is absolutely a dream feature! Incredible! Very Happy

And it looks so easy to use, like, if I know how to use the rich text editor, I'll know how to use this.

Thanks!
cr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: html pages working from templates? Reply with quote

I haven't done too much with the new web page feature, but I was wondering if they still call the same scripts from the template? Like the {{if}}, and {{else}} features. I might just need to do a bunch of experimenting, but if you know that would be great, and might help some others out as well Smile
esprit2004

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Can we make a web page private? Reply with quote

Is there any way to make a web page private? I know we can do that with blog categories.

Thank you. Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: html pages working from templates? Reply with quote

cr wrote:
I haven't done too much with the new web page feature, but I was wondering if they still call the same scripts from the template? Like the {{if}}, and {{else}} features. I might just need to do a bunch of experimenting, but if you know that would be great, and might help some others out as well Smile

Yes, they will work. The variables are, in general, the same ones which are available for the article or base templates.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we make a web page private? Reply with quote

esprit2004 wrote:
Is there any way to make a web page private? I know we can do that with blog categories.

Our security model allows you to restrict access only to categories, not to individual pages.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: