BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Creating LInk/Static Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Creating LInk/Static Page Reply with quote

I am attempting to make an "About" page with contact information. The best I could come up with is making a custom component linking to the permanent link of an article. It's not that good because it allows comments, trackback etc. Is there a better way?

Secondly when I created the component by copying the stock "Home" component that is a link in the header it somehow uses a slightly different font when the link appears on the website beside "home". Seems strange?

Any help much appreciated
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating LInk/Static Page Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I am attempting to make an "About" page with contact information. The best I could come up with is making a custom component linking to the permanent link of an article. It's not that good because it allows comments, trackback etc. Is there a better way?

Yes, there is a better way. Create a "Web Page" and not an article. A Web Page has no "form", it displays only the information you specify. Web Pages are not part of a category, nor will you see any of the title, author, or posted on information you would see on an article page. There are also no comments or trackbacks to a Web Page.

From the blog Control Panel, click on the Post tab, then on the next page look for Web Page on the Options row. This is the area where you can create and manage Web Pages. You simply create and edit your page and note the URL as listed in the Web Page management area, and link to the Web Page from your sidebar or from your articles.

Quote:
Secondly when I created the component by copying the stock "Home" component that is a link in the header it somehow uses a slightly different font when the link appears on the website beside "home". Seems strange?

Yes, it seems strange but we would really need to see the page and check the HTML to be able to offer any suggestions.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: