BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Button Using Custom Components

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maldenite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Button Using Custom Components Reply with quote

I would like to create a custom button as a new component that will link to the "sign up page".

I can create the button image in Adobe CS and add the image to the html script that will point to the "sign up" page but do not know the code. Does anyone know how I can do this?

I have new readers that can't figure how to join the site and a "red button" should attract them. Maybe.

I have written an article how to join the site but new users just don't seem to find the obvious links under the log in name and when they go to create an account they don't see the "join up" link. How do you figure? Rolling Eyes
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Button Using Custom Components Reply with quote

The Login component is not customizable in its present form. I would suggest bringing attention to the important information on your site by creating a sidebar component which links to the Reader Signup.

Here's how I would do that: Create a Web Page document (see this thread for a short intro).

Then create a Favorites component where you will add a link to the Web Page document you create, and add that component into your sidebar. These links tell you everything you need to know about Favorites:

* Introduction to Favorites or "Blogrolls"
* Creating a Favorites List
* Adding Items to Your Favorites Lists
* Adding a Favorites List to Your Blog's Layout
* Editing Favorites
* Deleting Favorites
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Button Using Custom Components Reply with quote

Of course you could always create your own custom component using the image you created and link to the Reader signup that way too...

One tip, here's how you would make sure the content you put into your custom component only appears for users who have not logged in (if they have signed in then they don't need a reader account, they've already got one):
Code:
{{unless authenticated}}
   <-- Put your custom stuff here -->
{{unless}}

Wrapping the content around those unless statements makes sure it is only seen by readers who have not logged in.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: