BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sites copying my blog copy without permission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Sites copying my blog copy without permission Reply with quote

I noticed that sites like one called patent attorney and are copying my blog copy as if it was something they created without permission or notification.

This has started happening within the last 30-45 days.
Is there anything I can do to stop it?
Is there a setting on my blog to stop this?

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sites copying my blog copy without permission Reply with quote

Once you create content and publish it on the web, there is nothing from a technical perspective which can prevent someone from copying your content. The act of publishing allows content to be read by humans, copied and pasted, indexed by Google, etc. There is no setting on our service - or any other service - to prevent this. The only technical way to prevent your content from being copied is not to publish it in the first place.

Although it may be possible for anyone to copy your content, that does not make it legal. I would suggest that you contact the site that is copying your content and inform them that you do not appreciate their actions and request that they cease reproduction of your content. If they do not comply, you might have to consider legal action against that party.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: