BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
XML link problem with Firefox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
des

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: XML link problem with Firefox Reply with quote

I needed to install Mozilla Firefox as my browser because I was having some problems with IE. I've noticed that when you left or right click on the XML button in a couple of blogharbor sites, you get just a file to save, not the SML page/full link. I will use Internet Explorer for this action.
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: XML link problem with Firefox Reply with quote

If you need the URL of an RSS file in Mozilla/FIrefox, you can just right click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) and the tab will appear, choose Copy Link Location and now the URL of the RSS feed is in your clipboard.
des

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. And I guess that those who are adventurous enough (or sufficiently disenchanted with IE/MS) will have the tenacity to work this out Smile

Des
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Des,

I read somewhere that this is a bug in Firefox 1.0 and there is supposed a fix in the works. Not sure how true this is but certainly the download prompt can be a bit annoying and unexpected.

Bah, no matter...I still won't go back to IE. Smile

~Thomas

des wrote:
Thanks John. And I guess that those who are adventurous enough (or sufficiently disenchanted with IE/MS) will have the tenacity to work this out Smile

Des
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: