BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Banner babckground displaying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Incognit0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Banner babckground displaying Reply with quote

Hi
I created a banner for my site at: http://dissidentvox.blogware.com/blog
The default green is still displayed behind it. How do I remove this please?
Thanks in advance
John
Very Happy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Banner babckground displaying Reply with quote

To remove the green background color, we're going to need to modify the style template of your blog. The style template stores the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets, an industry standard for web design) codes which control the presentation of your blog's look and feel.

Here's how to modify the style template:
  1. Login to your Blog Admin Control Panel through the Login page.

2. Click on the Look and Feel tab, then the Templates subtab.

3. Now you see a list of the Templates you can customize. We are going to customize the style template, which controls the CSS or Cascading Style Sheet, so click Edit in the row that begins with the word style.

4. Now you'll be on a page listing the current Styles, go all the way to the bottom and click the Customize button.

5. You'll come to the page where you can customize the CSS. The top box contains the CSS used to create the current style. It can not be modified, but you can add your own custom styles in the bottom box. Your custom styles can be new CSS classes which you will use in your articles or in your custom base template, or they can override aspects of the existing classes. In this example, we are going to override the style of the existing componentBlogname class... Enter the following code exactly into the bottom box and click on the Save CSS button:
    Code:
    .componentBlogname {
        background-color: #fff;
    }

The background of the Blogname component at the top of your page will now be white...
Incognit0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I assume its ok if I post the banner as a jpg not a gif?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to you, either way will work.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: