BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Default Font?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle93815

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Default Font? Reply with quote

Any way to set a default font for your posts? I have to reset it each time I make a new entry.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Default Font? Reply with quote

You can edit the style template, which is the CSS stylesheet. In a previous conversation, we talked about how to modify the the style template to center your blog. This time, we are going to add some more CSS style information to modify the article content.

Try adding this to your style template:

Code:
.articleBody {
    font: 16px 'Trebuchet MS',Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;
}

Now the body part of all of your articles will be in 16 point Trebuchet MS, for example. If your reader's computer does not have the Trebuchet MS font, Arial will be displayed instead, and so on down the line.

Of course this will only work if your article body does not already specify a font. So if you already put in FONT tag using the Rich Text Editor for example, changing the default font via the style template will not affect the text of that particular article.
sgarfield

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Default Font? Reply with quote

john wrote:
Now the body part of all of your articles will be in 16 point Trebuchet MS, for example.

If I'm using the Rich text Editor, would 16 point Trebuchet MS then be the default font of all my new posts, that is if I don't select a font when entering a new post?

I'd like the font and size to be the same as the standard font and size of blogware when using the Rich text Editor.

Do you happen to know what that is?

Thanks,
--Steve
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Default Font? Reply with quote

Two facts that may help answer your questions:

1) The Rich Text Editor does not know about your default font, so when creating posts in the RTE you will not see the article with the same font as it will be seen on the blog. Yes, we know this is not perfect. Sad I would suggest that if you wish to make posts which can globally modified using CSS stylesheets that you do not modify the font from within the RTE or you do not use the RTE.

2) Each Color Scheme has its own default font. There is not one default font for all templates, each one is different.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: