BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search result: how to control what comes next to blog name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Search result: how to control what comes next to blog name Reply with quote

Hello,

I observed that if I search for "Raible Designs" on google, I get the result which has the title "Raible Designs ~ We Build Web Apps". If you go to the blog you see the name "Raible Designs" but you don'e see "we build web apps" anywhere. How does one control that.

In the similar line if I search for "neeraj Kumar", the first list in the gogle is mine which says "Neeraj Kumar :: Main Page" . Let's say I want to change it to "Neeraj Kumar :: Drive by thoughts" . How do I do that?

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Search result: how to control what comes next to blog na Reply with quote

Google links to a page using its HTML title. The Raible Designs page you are referring to actually uses Raible Designs ~ We Build Web Apps as its HTML title, see the source code for the page and you'll see this:

Code:
<title>Raible Designs ~ We Build Web Apps</title>

but used Javascript to reset the document title to the first post of the blog.

As for your blog, if you want to change the HTML title of your page, you would need to change the base template. Look for this:

Code:
<title>{{blog.name}}{{if page.title}} :: {{page.title}}{{/if}}</title>

Maybe you could change it to this:

Code:
{{if page.title eq "Main Page"}}Neeraj Kumar :: Drive by thoughts{{else}}{{blog.name}}{{if page.title}} :: {{page.title}}{{/if}}{{/if}}

That would display your custom title only on the Main Page then work the same way it always does on other pages.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: