BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems with font / inter-line spacing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otley Poets

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Problems with font / inter-line spacing Reply with quote

Please visit:

http://otleypoets.blogharbor.com/blog/HarrySaville

and give advice about how the appearance of this posting might be improved.

I have tried changing the font and the size under edit article but with no success.

Note: this is a group blog under development. We expect to encounter these kinds of glitches.
abacquer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Line-Height maybe? Reply with quote

The CSS attribute you probably need to play with is line-height. I'm not sure which class you need to apply it to, though. In looking at your stylesheet I notice the following:

Code:
.articleBody
{
    CLEAR: both;
    LINE-HEIGHT: 17px;
    POSITION: relative
}

You've fixed your lineheight at 17 pixels. Note that if you don't specify line height, the browser will calculate what it believes to be the appropriate line height. You could try removing the line height setting and see if you like the results. If not, I would recommend setting the line height as a percentage, which means essentially: Hey browser, calculate whatever line height you think is right, and then set the actual value to this percentage of what you calculated.

So for example if you thought the natural line spacing was too tight, you could set it to say 110% (increase by 10%) or if you thought it was too wide you could set it to 90% (decrease by 10%) or whatever. The advantage of using a percentage is that the percentage continues to work no matter what size fonts you use. A fixed pixel value in line height does NOT. 125% will be proportionally larger when you are using a bigger font. 17 pixels will always be 17 pixels.

EDIT: Nice poetry by the way. I write a bit of that myself, but mine is just sorry doggerel. Wink Feel free to check it out on Unbecoming Levity's "Poetry" topic if you are curious.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: