BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My custom component has stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sricha27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: My custom component has stopped working Reply with quote

I took the standard List of articles component and changed it so it showed the last 40 entries. I am not sure when but it now only shows the last 10. I just checked and in the layout section of the admin page it still shows my custom component, it just seems to not be used. Any ideas?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My custom component has stopped working Reply with quote

The number of items displayed in the Most Recent ... components had to be limited recently to 10 for performance reasons. We are still considering raising the limit if we can get some efficiency increases on our back end.

I do in fact see your Recent Book Reviews and Recent Articles components on your pages, but there's some text on one of your articles on your Main Page right now which is forcing the page to be very wide, you need the horizontal scroll bar to see your right sidebar... If you can figure out which article is doing that and edit it, you should see your page display properly.
sricha27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the feedback ... Reply with quote

That explains the 10 - 40 issue. I could not see the wide post issue you described on my machine, IE 6 Windows 2003 Server. What I did see was that as I reduced the width of my browser the text did not reflow and that when I reached a certain width around 730 pixels wide the text disapeared altogether but images were shown. When I increased the browser window width again the text appeared again?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the feedback ... Reply with quote

Yes, there is one article on your page which has a longer than usual line length which is forcing the content area of the page to be a specific width. Find it and fix it and the page will display fine. It's one of the December articles...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: