BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
help tweaking stylesheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyaubrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: help tweaking stylesheet Reply with quote

Help! I have a blog set up through VerveHosting, which, I have been told, uses BlogWare as its program. BlogHarbor seems to be the only forum where I can get some feedback on how to make changes in my blog.

I am wanting to make a few corrections in the style sheet of my blog, but am having a hard time figuring out the html for it.

First, I am wanting to change the color of my calender from a gray color to an ivory, with the days showing blogposts a dark green (#003300), and also change the size and font. Nothing I do in the stylesheet seems to have any effect, except for the color of the blogpost days.

Secondly, the links I have under my favorites components are far too small and I am unable to size them to a larger size. Whereabouts in the stylesheet do I make this change without chaning the pixel size of the links in the article?

Thirdly, I am unable to resize and change the font of my Article Title the way I want. It stubbornly remains the same color it had when I pulled up the original template.

Any help one can offer would be greatly appreciated.

http://awanderingconfluence.com/blog
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: help tweaking stylesheet Reply with quote

I have a blog set up through ...

We'll try not to hold it against you that you do not use our BlogHarbor service, and we'll trust that your next blog will be hosted here. Wink

Thirdly, I am unable to resize and change the font of my Article Title the way I want.

See this thread for instructions on getting to the CSS style template.

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=506

Then see these threads:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1080
http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=2069#2069

for examples of how to modify your article title via that template.

Secondly, the links I have under my favorites components are far too small and I am unable to size them to a larger size. Whereabouts in the stylesheet do I make this change without chaning the pixel size of the links in the article?

This would be the componentBlogroll class. Try adding this to your custom CSS elements:
Code:

.componentBlogroll {
    font-size: 12px;
    line-height: 16px;
}

which will bump up the size of your Favorites items (also known as a Blogroll) by one point.

First, I am wanting to change the color of my calender from a gray color to an ivory, with the days showing blogposts a dark green (#003300), and also change the size and font. Nothing I do in the stylesheet seems to have any effect, except for the color of the blogpost days.

This code might get you close:
Code:
.componentCalendar {
    background-color: #FFFFF0;
}
td.componentCalendarDay a {
   background-color: #003300;
   color: #FFFFF0;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 16px;
}

The problem will be that the calendar itself is designed to blend in with the background of the component, so we can't get the entire background of the Calendar component to change independent of any other component; the only thing we can change is the background of the table within the calendar component. You'll see what I mean when you try out this code. It will be very very close to what you are looking for, though it might not be exactly what you want...
ladyaubrey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I had asked VerveHosting if there was a forum to use to ask pertinent questions, and their only recommendation was to go to the BlogWare site itself, and THAT is just a blog...no live forum where I could get immediate help. Hence, a google search and I found your site.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! Is there someone you can recommend who works with these kind of stylesheets/templates (they are distinctly different than MT, which I used to use, but got frustrated with their comment spam problem). If I could find someone who would take the pictures and colors I want and design a stylesheet for me, i would be so grateful!

Best!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: