BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Column Widths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbruner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Column Widths Reply with quote

I'm using the 3-column format but would actually like to make the center column smaller, and the outside columns wider... any ideas?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Column Widths Reply with quote

sbruner wrote:
I'm using the 3-column format but would actually like to make the center column smaller, and the outside columns wider... any ideas?

This thread:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=506

shows how to modify your blog's style template which is a set of CSS codes which allow you to fine tune the look and feel of your weblog.

This thread:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1004

shows how to use the style template to alter the width of the sidebars. This code:

Code:
table.columns td.right, table.columns td.left {
    width: 30%;
}

worked well for me to expand the sidebar widths and reduce the size of the center column.
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were helpful to me too, as i wanted to control the overal width of mine.

Now I would like to control the color of the space SURROUNDING the blog, just as the BlogHarbor is surrounded by green. I'm sure this is done modifying the style template, but my css chops are.... not!

Can you point me in the right direction?

Muchas gracias,

Paco
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the outside color by changing the background color of the body, like this:

Code:
body {
    background-color: darkolivegreen;
}

Use the color chart here: To find the color you prefer.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: