BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Flickr / BlogHarbor Setup - How To...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Flickr / BlogHarbor Setup - How To... Reply with quote

I'm sure plenty of Blogharbor people out there have tried the photo sharing site Flickr (www.flickr.com). Flickr allows you to post directly to your blog, but BlogHarbor haven't got a How To up on this yet. If anyone's interested, these are the settings I've used, cribbed from another BloggerAPI how to, and they work fine. Once set up, you can click the "blog this" button on any Flickr photo, and it'll post it up on your Blogharbor blog no probs - very cool Cool

When you first click "Blog this" on Flickr, it will ask you to set up your blog. Here;s how you do it:

Blog Type: BloggerAPI enabled blog
API endpoint: api.blogharbor.com/xmlrpc.cgi

username and password as normal - though you might need your username in all lower case. I did, for some reason.

Hope that helps Smile

Alex.
www.thewiredjester.co.uk
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Flickr / BlogHarbor Setup - How To... Reply with quote

Alex - Thanks for your notes. We did post a short 3 step list here last week:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=2300#2300

We took some screenshots and hopefully will pull it all together for inclusion with the rest of our HowTo series.

One note, you should choose MetaWeblog API Enabled Blog instead of BloggerAPI enabled blog. The MetaWeblog API is a richer set of instructions, so if Flickr is presenting different capabilites to you based on the API your blog supports then choosing MetaWeblog should give you additional options.
Sifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Bizarre - I did several searches on the site for Flickr stuff and couldn't find it!! Ah well Embarassed
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: