BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Troubles with xhtml-target.js file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbraun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Troubles with xhtml-target.js file Reply with quote

I have uploaded the xhtml-target.js file, but I still can't seem to get my links to open in a new window. Would someone please let me know what I am doing wrong. My blog is http://thepetpaper.blogharbor.com/
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Troubles with xhtml-target.js file Reply with quote

For those of you wondering what this question is about, cbraun is following these instructions for modifying his blog so that all external links open in a new window.

When I look at the file in a web browser:

http://thepetpaper.blogharbor.com/xhtml-target.js

I see that there is some corruption of the file, all of the text is on one line. Please try going to this URL for the original file:

http://www.fastmedia.com/hacks/xhtml-target.js.txt

and do a Save As in your browser. Your browser will save the file as xhtml-target.js.txt, rename it xhtml-target.js and upload it to your blog. That should solve the issue for you...
cbraun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Still having troubles with xthml Reply with quote

I tried what you suggested John, but it still won't open my links in the new browser window. What do I seem to be doing wrong?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Still having troubles with xthml Reply with quote

I tried what you suggested John, but it still won't open my links in the new browser window. What do I seem to be doing wrong?

Not sure what you're doing wrong... I've just followed my own instructions three times, and I don't see anything wrong with the process. But I do see something wrong with the file you've uploaded, so something's happening either when you save the file or upload it. I'll put a proper copy on your site for you and everything should work according to spec...
cbraun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for fixing that for me John. It is now working. It seems from what I was reading in the help forums other people have had similiar problems.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: