BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's MORE....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adameason

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: What's MORE.... Reply with quote

Hello Again,

Getting busy today.

Where/How can I edit the word "More" on my article excerpt on the front page. It is not obvious enough as it is. I have had that feedback from readers.

I would like to make it bigger or change the words to something like "Read the remainder of this article here."

I am loving Blog Harbor by the way. First blog and really enjoying discovering it all.

Adam
http://adam-eason.blogharbor.com/

Adam Eason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What's MORE.... Reply with quote

Where/How can I edit the word "More" on my article excerpt on the front page. It is not obvious enough as it is. I have had that feedback from readers. I would like to make it bigger or change the words to something like "Read the remainder of this article here."

You'll need to modify the category template, which controls what the list of articles looks like in category view.

To modify the category template:
  1. Login to your Blog Admin Control Panel through the Login page.
  2. Click on the Look and Feel tab, then the Templates subtab.
  3. Now you see a list of the Templates you can customize. We are going to customize the category template, so click Edit in the row that begins with the word category.
  4. Now you'll be on a page listing the current category templates (there will probably be only one). Go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the Customize button.
  5. Click the Go button to Copy the Standard template to the staging area. You'll come to the page where you can customize the category template.
Look at the Staging Template Content box, the lower box, and look for this code:

Code:
<div class="articleBody">
{{if excerpt}}
{{excerpt}}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="articleMore"><a href="{{view_url}}" align="right" border="0" width="13" height="13">more</a>&nbsp;<strong>&raquo;</strong></span>
{{else}}
{{body}}
{{/if}}
</div> <!-- articleBody -->

Change it to this:

Code:
<div class="articleBody">
{{if excerpt}}
{{excerpt}}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="articleMore"><a href="{{view_url}}" align="right" border="0" width="13" height="13">Read the remainder of this article here.</a>&nbsp;<strong>&raquo;</strong></span>
{{else}}
{{body}}
{{/if}}
</div> <!-- articleBody -->

Click the Save and Activate button at the bottom of the page, and your articles with excerpts will all display Read the remainder of this article here. instead of more when listed in category view.

I am loving Blog Harbor by the way. First blog and really enjoying discovering it all.

Glad to hear it. Tell your friends.
adameason

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Again John.

I am really getting it as I wanted. Great stuff.

Adam.

Adam Eason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adameason wrote:
Thanks Again John.

I am really getting it as I wanted. Great stuff.

Adam.

This was good for my blog too!

Thanks, John

Paco

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: