BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do I have more referrers than page views

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sricha27

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Why do I have more referrers than page views Reply with quote

I am puzzled by the fact that if I include internal referrers in my list, I have way more referrals than I have page views. I must have misunderstood something? Can anyone explain?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Why do I have more referrers than page views Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I am going to get confirmation from the developers on this before I respond. (Hint: How many referers can be tracked when your page loads and it contains 3 images?)
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: any word? Reply with quote

Hi John,

Any word on this question. I'm curious about this too.

Roaring Tiger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: any word? Reply with quote

The answer is that the Referer Statistics tally not only HTML web pages, but your XML files for your RSS newsfeeds as well as your images.

In this manner can tell who is hotlinking your images, for example. (And we'll shortly be able to allow you to block hotlinking once you detect it.)

So page views and referers do not have a one to one relationship, they are different aspects of your web stats.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: