BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
all blogharbor blogs are down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: all blogharbor blogs are down Reply with quote

i cannot access my blog or blogharbor admin functions. i went to the blogharbor web site and tried other blogs and none of them are accessible. I get cannot find server for all of them.

please advise asap.

thx
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: all blogharbor blogs are down Reply with quote

That's very curious, none of our monitors or logs show that there was any outage or degraded performance at all this morning. The only thing I can think of is that there was some network disruption on the route between your computer and our blog servers... Did this inability to access resolve itself quickly?
cd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but i was just able to get them to come up and did nothing on my side.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the symptoms of a network issue... Probably some switch, router or hub aloing the path between your computer and our servers failed and there was a lag between its failure and your getting a new route to our servers... That does happen from time to time on the Internet. We'll keep our eyes open to see if there's anything that might offer another explanation.
tigersi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: not just cd Reply with quote

John,

I don't think the posting problem is just Cd's. I'm having intermittant problems too. Also with slow loads when clicking on to my site (I know I have third-party ads and that can make the loading slower but it's even slower on a relative scale).

Roaring Tiger.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: not just cd Reply with quote

Roaring Tiger - Your blog's slow page loads at this time are not at all caused by our system, that I can guarantee you. Our benchmarking system is showing page load times have dramatically increased since Saturday's upgrade.

In your case, your blog loads a large number of third party images and scripts which are the reason your page may load slowly. Your Main Page contains content from Blogtree, Google, 3dstats, Amazon, Blogshares, 2RSS, Sitemeter, TruthLaidBear, and a few other services in addition to any of your BlogHarbor hosted content. If you remove that content, you would see a truly fast loading page... Unfortunately, no matter how fast we serve your BlogHarbor hosted content, your browser will have to wait to get all of the scripts and images from your third party content. There's nothing you or we can do to change the speed of other content services.

This service can you show you a very interesting breakdown of the content on your blog:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

I invite you to create a trial blog and throw all sorts of content on it, images, large articles, whatever. But no third party content. I am sure you will see that trial blog will consistently serve pages without delay, even when your own blog might be loading slowly...
cd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what's going on but right now i am getting HTTP 500 errors again trying to load the dashboard. it takes over a minute to get the HTTP 500 error and i have 2Mbps download speed. and the slowest load times i have ever seen for my blog and images that loaded yesterday afternoon are not loading now. I tried editing an article and it timed out on post.

something is going on here and it's not my computer or my blog. i haven't changed anything and haven't used the blog since the problems at this times yesterday.
cd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now the dashboard and my blog are loading in their normal 1-2 secs. i am having an image load problem from one specific web site so that is not a blogharbog issue. something strange is afoot with these intermittent load issues.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be sure to have our engineers look at the logs to see what might have been happening at that time this morning.
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: thank Reply with quote

Thanks, John

RT
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: