BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Site loads to slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Site loads to slow Reply with quote

I have recently installed a custom componet that I have placed in the footer of my business tips and resources that is a popunder and also the IB(InstantBuzz) custom componet in the columns, that is I guess a page scrolling pop up, dont know the technical term Embarassed and an article that is the adland page that is java script that I think as well has a popunder.

My question is are these componets and my one article causing my blog to load slow?
http://blogsmarketing4me.blogharbor.com

Could it have to do with some sort of opo up blocker or software on my computer?
If not, are you with your computer genius skills Wink , able to tell me what might be the cause?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Wink , hate to loose potential visitors due to a slow loading page.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Site loads to slow Reply with quote

My question is are these componets and my one article causing my blog to load slow?

Yes. According to WebSiteOptimization.com, it will take 135 seconds for your page to load on a 56K modem line. You are loading content for over 20 other sites, such as www.awltovhc.com, www.tqlkg.com, www.myaffiliateprogram.com, www.mediguide.com, www.ftjcfx.com, awomaninbusiness.com, www.afcyhf.com, cczon.com, www.tripleyourlist.com, www.ts25.com, www.lduhtrp.net, www.instantbuzz.com, www.storesonline.com, www.autosurf2profits.com, pagead2.googlesyndication.com, www.adlandpro.com, www.trafficswarm.com, us.i1.yimg.com, www.blogpolling.com, www4.addfreestats.com, www.audioblog.com.

The time required to request content from these sites, receive it, and close the connection is surely causing your page to load slowly for all of your users.
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: so it is the banner? Reply with quote

So it is the banners I have added as componets in the footer?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: so it is the banner? Reply with quote

pantarus3 wrote:
So it is the banners I have added as componets in the footer?

Um, those and the other banners on the sidebars. Why don't you take a look at the site I linked to and add your URL in there, and see where the largest files are?
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: what site? Reply with quote

What site are yuo referring to, to see what my largest files are? Remeber John I am still miles dtones away from being a computer guru Laughing I have barely crossed over the line of beginner
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Ok loading much better Reply with quote

havent went to that link you mention, but just removed a bunch of smack lol I gues I went a litle crazy with the banners Embarassed
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: what site? Reply with quote

What site are yuo referring to, to see what my largest files are?

The site I was referring to was WebSiteOptimization.com and I linked to it in the post I made earlier. Check it out:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

Enter your blog's URL there and it will show you a listing of all the objects in your page and their file sizes. It will also estimate how long it will take your page to load.
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Thanks for the link Reply with quote

Thank You for the link John, now maybe your granddaughter wont have to be tugging on your pants leg saying "Grandpaw how come...." so often, Laughing I would just like to thank you a million times for all your help over the past several months as I slowly but surely learn the ins and outs of blogging with your wonderful service. Wink
PS
I was wondering if you yourself had a blog other than the demo of BlogHarbor that you author?
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: