BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Separation of postings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larzini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Separation of postings Reply with quote

I notice how a bold line separates posts from one date to the next on my particular template.

How can I make so that I can use a line or some other skinny graphic to separate multiple posts made on the same date?

And once enabled, can this be done without adding another skinny line along with the bold line when next post is for a new date.

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Separation of postings Reply with quote

This is where the power of CSS comes in... Check this post:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1150

That's where we lay down the basics for managing your style template, which controls most of the presentation elements of your blog. Instead of modifying the CSS classes noted on that thread, you're going to want to look at the dayArticles class and the postDate class.

The template you have chosen uses these attributes for the dayArticles class:

Code:
.dayArticles {
    border-bottom: 2px solid #000;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}

so you can override the bottom border to make it skinnier by adding this custom class:

Code:
.dayArticles {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
}

If you want to use an image at the end of a section of days, I think you could do that by making your border 0 px and adding some kind of background URL aligned to the bottom... Some info on using images as background in CSS is here:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

The postDate class controls how the date is displayed for a group of posts submitted on the same date. Your default is this:
Code:

.postDate {
    margin: 0 0 15px 0;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 12px;
    background-color: transparent;
    color: #D01A1F;
    white-space: nowrap;
}

so if you just add this to your custom CSS:
Code:

.postDate {
    color: #000000;
}

You've set the font color to black...

Some links to modifying the CSS properties of your blog are here.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: