BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
more on header components -- search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qureus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: more on header components -- search Reply with quote

Also, I'm thinking of moving the Search component into the header. When I look for it from the header look and feel, and after I've moved Search tothe inactive list, I don't see it as a choice. Is that because Search is unavailable for the header?

Q
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: more on header components -- search Reply with quote

Yes, the Search component is unavailable for the Header area of your blog. It's really only limited to the sidebars for style reasons, the default 'look' to the Search box doesn't look right when used in the Header area.

But you can always create a custom component which contains the HTML code for a Search box and use that in the Header of your blog. Here is some code to start with, feel free to experiment with it and modify it as you see fit:

Code:
<div class="componentText">
<form method=get action="/blog">
<nobr><span class="componentHomeLink" style="color: black;">Search: </span>
<input type=hidden name=cmd value="search">
<input type=text name=keywords value="" size=20>
<input type="submit" class="buttonWhite" value="Go">
</nobr></form>
</div>
Connected

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for this - I've always wanted my search in the header. http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/blog
abacquer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connected, your header is black. So you are going to want to change style="color: black;" in your component to style="color: white;". Otherwise nobody can see the word "search" next to the search box, and therefore there is no clear indication of what the box is actually for.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: