BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why Are Deleted Articles Still Showing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantarus3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Why Are Deleted Articles Still Showing? Reply with quote

Ok this will hopefully be my last question Embarassed Providing there is no follow-ups Razz Wink
Why are deleted articles of days/week showing up in current to date stats of viewed articles? How are they viewing a deleted article?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Why Are Deleted Articles Still Showing? Reply with quote

Anyone can still try and view an article which has been deleted. We won't actually display the deleted article, just a message that says "That article has been deleted or is no longer available" but that won't stop anyone from sending a request to view an article.

Let's say you post an article and it becomes popular, viewers all over the world want to see it. You change your mind and delete the article. We'll still serve up the page for you with an "article not found" message but won't actually display the contents of the delete article...

Make sense? Try accessing the URLs of the articles you deleted and I think you'll see what I mean..
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: