BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
why do my articles appear for a few days, then disappear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kroddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: why do my articles appear for a few days, then disappear Reply with quote

Hi--

One frustrating thing about posting - my articles are up and all is fine for a few days, and then the title to the article(s) remain and the text disappears and I didn't do a thing.

what's going on? Thanks for your reply in advance, John!

Kevin
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: why do my articles appear for a few days, then disappear Reply with quote

I haven't heard of such a thing happening...

Next time you post an article, verify that the post is all there when you create it. Make sure it appears properly both in the category view and on its permanent link.

If a part of the post disappears, contact us and let us know the URL of the article, and if you edited the article in any way since it appeared on the site. Also make sure that no one else is using your account: is it possible that someone else tried to edit the article for you?
Alan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Post disappears Reply with quote

I have experienced this phenomenon of a disappearing post when the first line of the post is a horizontal line. I use this for quotations (see AretePeople blog). While the post will remain visible on my blog, it is not visible in the editor. The problem is not present when one blank line is used as the first line of the post, followed by the desired horizontal line.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Post disappears Reply with quote

Just so we can be clear on this, you don't really mean a "disappearing post" in the sense that you made a post and that post no longer appears on your blog (which I think the person who started this thread was implying, I think the answer simply had to do with the paging type set for that blog)?

And you're not saying that the post no longer appears in the control panel, but that its appearance in the editor is somehow not accurate, correct?

I just looked at one of the posts which I assume you are referring to (this one?), are you still having troubles with its display in the control panel?

Perhaps the issue is something related to the web browser you are using... If you're using Internet Explorer, we've seen that it can be a little buggy. Firefox or Mozilla will probably give you a better experience overall, and not only with our service but with most web sites.
Alan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Post disappears Reply with quote

Firefox was the answer. Under MSIE the Article Body box is blank when a horizontal line is the first line of the post. Using Firefox on the same post, the Article Body showed the post perfectly. Thanks very much, John!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: