BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
hidden page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyrunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: hidden page Reply with quote

i would like to create a hidden page where i can post images to view, before i make the page available to the world - or keep it hidden, for my view only

i read the tute and manual - went to " add new category " - clicked the
" restricted option " - and created a page i called " test page "

i loaded an image first onto the main page - then into the restricted category - then deleted it from the main page, so it could only be viewed on the page i called " test page "

thing is " test page " doesnt appear in the category menu on the main page - it only appears in the list of categories in the " post manager "

as such i can only open " test page " in the editor to see the image - i cannot view it, on a normal page layout, as i was hoping ?
what am i missing ?

thanks in advance
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: hidden page Reply with quote

One request - if you post a question here it's often useful to see the blog we're talking about. So if you could link to the blog or put your URL into your profile that would help others to be able to help you and learn from our exchanges.

It is only possible to view a restricted category if you a) have permission from the blog owner for that category and b) login to the blog as one of the users with said permission.

My guess is that you are not logged in at the blog... You've removed the Login and Logout components from your blog layout, but I think if you put them back in and login to your blog, you will see that you have access the content which you had restricted...

FYI, this note has some useful links on the topic of restricted categories, I would suggest you read through those articles to get a better understanding of how the permissions system works.
skyrunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: my blog Reply with quote

thanks for the comments John -

i havent posted in a while and forgot about linking to my blog

http://www.skymondo.com
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: