BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Limiting number of posts on main page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtjohnson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Limiting number of posts on main page? Reply with quote

Currently, the posts on my blog opening page are visible for, it seems, the past 60 to 90 days. I would like the main page to display the posts for only 15 or, at the most, 30 days. Where might I find the controls to do that?

BTW, I tried the directions found at http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/6/3/82528.html
and I'm still seeing posts from early October.

Thanks,
Tom Johnson[url][/url]
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Limiting number of posts on main page? Reply with quote

Remember that the "By Days" Paging Type sets your blog to display the most recent X days that had posts, not the posts from the most recent X days.

So if you are using the "By Days" Paging Type, and you set it to 30, you will see the most recent 30 days that had posts, not the most recent 30 days...

This makes sense because you can set the "By Days" Paging Type to a low number like 7, and not have to worry that your Main Page would become blank if you didn't post in the last week...

Make sense?
jtjohnson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John, for the very fast reply and the explanation. Yes, I now understand.
-tj
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: