BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Two questions about color of background and font

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bondgirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Two questions about color of background and font Reply with quote

Hi,
First, I've asked about changing the color of the font and the background previously, but I still need assistance please.

1 To change the background to Dark Magenta there's one code
2. To change the font color to black.. another.

Are they to be combined on the CSS style sheet or put in at two diff places?

The main question is.... once implemented, will it change the background and font of previous posts because that's what I need to do.
Thanks so much,
Chelsea
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions about color of background and font Reply with quote

In your previous thread you asked how to change the color of the background and of the font. In that post, we said that this code for example:

Code:
body {
   background-color:#8B008B;
}

could be used to make the background color Dark Magenta. Then this code would change the article body text to black 16px Trebuchet MS font:

Code:
.articleBody {
    font: 16px 'Trebuchet MS',Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    color: #000000;
}

Yes, combining these two:

Code:
body {
   background-color:#8B008B;
}
.articleBody {
    font: 16px 'Trebuchet MS',Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    color: #000000;
}

would of course have the effect of both setting the article body text to black 16px Trebuchet MS font and setting the background color to Dark Magenta. Add as many customizations as you like...

The main question is.... once implemented, will it change the background and font of previous posts because that's what I need to do.

Yes, that's the beauty of CSS. These changes will affect all posts past, present, and future.
Bondgirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks John! Reply with quote

You rock! I changed the background and the font.... but the background is just the border? I hoped that it would change the whole page or do I need to do something else to change that or can that not be changed? Long question huh? Smile
Thanks so much,
Chelsea
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks John! Reply with quote

It would help a lot if you let us know the URL of your blog so that we can look at it and see what it looks like, and then when you tell us what you want it to look like things will make more sense. You can enter your blog address in your profile.

In any case, the answer to your question about background color of the blog was literally correct. And depending on the blog theme you are using, you might see the results differently.

It seems as if you really wanted to change some other aspect of your blog as you see it. Can you let us know the address of your blog if that is not personal and try to describe as accurately as you possibly can what part of the blog you want to change to color of?
Bondgirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: The blog addy inside>> Reply with quote

Hi John, Smile
http://bondno9fragrances.blogharbor.com/blog

Now... it appears that the only magenta color is around the border of the blog, and I was wondering if there is a way to change the background color of the articles to a deeper shade of purple than is on there now?

Thanks so much!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The blog addy inside>> Reply with quote

I am going to read into your question, and assume that when you say you want to change the background color of the articles that what you are actually looking to do is change the background color of the center column...

Try adding this:

Code:
table.columns td.center {
    background-color: #cccccc;
}

to your custom CSS. Change #cccccc to the hex value of the color you wish to use. I think that's the cusotmization you are after...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: