BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billjw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Hi John

I just made some changes to my blog and all of a sudden it is totally right aligned. I reversed my changes (which were changing the column widths) but this hasn't helped.

Am I missing something obvious?

www.resultdrivensolutions.com

Thanks in advance

Bill
Mobile: 0403 456 141
Office Email: bill@resultdrivensolutions.com.au
Mobile Email: w.james-wallace@three.com.au
Fax: 08 9249 8182
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Alignment problem solution Reply with quote

If you could use more meaningful subjects such as "Alignment problem" rather than "Confused" when posting here in the forum, that would help other folks in the future who might be searching the forums for help. Since the Search function's results page will pretty much only return the title of a page, a title like "Confused" doesn't provide them any meaningful information. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

In any case, it appears that you set your blog to use a 900 pixel wide main table, and also added 200 pixel margins to that main table, by using this code:

Code:
table.columns {
   width: 900px;
   margin-left: 200px;
   margin-right: 200px;
   text-align: left;
}

I think that's probably the issue right there... You would need at least a 1300 pixel wide monitor for this to display properly...

You appear to have started with the code we published here, and modified it. I think your modifications are the culprit. If you just want to have a 900 pixel wide main table for your blog, you just need to modify our original instructions slightly:

Code:
table.columns {
   width: 900px;
   margin-left:auto;
   margin-right:auto;
   text-align: left;
}

There's actually no need to specify the margins, and in fact that causes problems on monitors with fewer than 1300 horizontal pixels. Which is a lot of monitors...

Hope this helps.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment problem solution Reply with quote

BTW, I see you have this code in your style template:
Code:
<iframe src='http://www.blogkits.com/btracker.php?BlogID=1498' frameborder=0 height=1 width=1></iframe>

Your style template is only for CSS; you're better off putting any iframes into a custom component and dropping that component into your blog footer, for example.

Last edited by john on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
billjw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Alignment Problem Reply with quote

Hi John

Thanks for the info and apologies for the title.

Will be more specific in future.

Bill
Mobile: 0403 456 141
Office Email: bill@resultdrivensolutions.com.au
Mobile Email: w.james-wallace@three.com.au
Fax: 08 9249 8182
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment Problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and apologies for the title. Will be more specific in future.

No problem, didn't mean to come off like an angry schoolteacher scolding a pupil. Wink
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: