BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adsense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Adsense Reply with quote

Hi,

New to this and to BlogHarbor!

Can you put things like Adsense code on your site? I know there is a 'free' blog site that allows this.

Thanks,
Bob (amazin)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Adsense Reply with quote

You can put Adsense or any other banner program on your site. This page will show you how to create a custom component that matches the look and feel of the rest of your site.
amazin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Adsense Reply with quote

Thanks!

Have a good weekend.

Bob
markb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Google Adsense Reply with quote

Is there any way to get the Google Adsense code to work in the body of an article? I can't seem to get that to work, even when I toggle from 'Display' to 'Source' ... and paste the code in while in 'Source' mode.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Adsense Reply with quote

Our Rich Text Editor is created using Javascript, so there can be complications when you attempt to add Javascript content to it... It's not smart enough to interpret the language that it itself is created in.

I can think of two solutions to this. One would be to disable the rich text editor and use the simple text editor, which is not likely to have a problem with your Javascript.

The other solution would be to follow these instructions for altering your blog templates, so that the Adsense code is automatically included on every post... That's the approach I would take.
colincolenso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Adsense Reply with quote

Quote:
Our Rich Text Editor is created using Javascript, so there can be complications when you attempt to add Javascript content to it... It's not smart enough to interpret the language that it itself is created in.

I can think of two solutions to this. One would be to disable the rich text editor and use the simple text editor, which is not likely to have a problem with your Javascript.

The other solution would be to follow these instructions for altering your blog templates, so that the Adsense code is automatically included on every post... That's the approach I would take.

John,
I think it is against google adsense policies to have more that 3 ad blocks on one page, so including a block of ads in each article would lead to many ad blocks on a single page.

It's said that the highest Click Through Rates are achieve with the ads positioned in the center of the page above the fold (near the top). That would be at the top of the center column.

Is it possible to do this?

Colin
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Adsense Reply with quote

I think it is against google adsense policies to have more that 3 ad blocks on one page, so including a block of ads in each article would lead to many ad blocks on a single page.

Yes, that is true but I am pretty sure that Google automatically stops serving after the 3rd request from the same page. In any case, if you followed these instructions to modify your article template, then the ads would only be served from the Permanent Link and serving multiple ads would not be an issue. It's only if you modified the category template that this would be an issue.

It's said that the highest Click Through Rates are achieve with the ads positioned in the center of the page above the fold (near the top). That would be at the top of the center column. Is it possible to do this?

Same concept as the previously mentioned instructions, you could modify your base template to include your code at the top of the center column on every page.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: