BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problem with request to access email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazo56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John,

Whoops! I DO have a Secure category for which I received a reader's request to access. From the email which notified me of the request, I clicked on the link as per instructions, and received this message at Blogware Admin:
Invalid action: add_category_user -

So, where to from there? How do I give access?

Cheers,
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this question into a new topic, it was off-topic to the thread it was posted in...

I clicked on the link as per instructions, and received this message

My guess is that you received an email with a long link, and that link got wrapped by your email program. So instead of seeing the URL on one long line, it was split into two lines, and when you licked on it you were not going to the proper link.

Take a look at the link and see if this seems to be the case. If so, copy the 2 lines to a text editor, and remove any whitespace between the two lines so that the URL is on one long line. Then copy this long URL, and open it as a link in your browser.

If that does not solve the issue, forward the mail to us and we will try to advise further.
kazo56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Still no success in granting reader access Reply with quote

Hello John,
Still no success with this issue. So I have forwarded the email link to the Blogharbor support email address as you suggest. What might not be evident is that Hotmail attached SENDER ID Alert to the original email to me.
Cheers,
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no success in granting reader access Reply with quote

What might not be evident is that Hotmail attached SENDER ID Alert to the original email to me.

Not relevant.

Still no success with this issue. So I have forwarded the email link to the Blogharbor support email address as you suggest.

Received your mail, copied the link on it, pasted it into the browser address bar and immediately got the Access granted for user (username) message as was expected, so I'm not sure what process you were following which caused this issue. We definitely see that the process worked as it should have.

For your reference, if you ever want to grant access to a restricted category, this page has all the information you need on how to do so:
kazo56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reader access granted Reply with quote

Hello John,

Yes, I have now given said reader access to chosen Category, by first going to Category Security and entering reader's name, clicking Enable User. Then, going back to the email, clicking on Blogware URL, and arriving at same Category Security area. This was an aspect of the template I had never before visited/used.

(The FTP area is next on my agenda..!)

Many many thanks,
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Reader access granted Reply with quote

Then, going back to the email, clicking on Blogware URL, and arriving at same Category Security area.

This step was not necessary of course... Once you have given the user privileges via the control panel there's no need to do the same thing by triggering the email link. The email link is a kind of shortcut to filling out the form in the control panel...
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: having same problem Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem described by the previous poster. When clicking the blogware link from my email, I get the error "Invalid action: add_category_user."

My solution was the same as the other person except I didn't trigger the email after allowing readers access. I haven't had any complaints yet from anyone saying they couldn't log in but the point of this is that the blogware link doesn't work for me, even when trying all the solutions already given.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: having same problem Reply with quote

I wrote this earlier in the thread:

Quote:
My guess is that you received an email with a long link, and that link got wrapped by your email program. So instead of seeing the URL on one long line, it was split into two lines, and when you licked on it you were not going to the proper link.

Take a look at the link and see if this seems to be the case. If so, copy the 2 lines to a text editor, and remove any whitespace between the two lines so that the URL is on one long line. Then copy this long URL, and open it as a link in your browser.

That usually tends to be the issue, these are very long URLs and many mail clients break the URL in the middle. Clicking on the link then results in the error you see.
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: having same problem Reply with quote

When I first realized the link wasn't working, the first thing I did was copy and paste it into Notepad to make sure it was one long line of text with no white space. Then I'd copy and paste that into internet explorer, hit the green go button and end up with the same error every single time for all of the requests thus far.
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: having same problem Reply with quote

Just discovered I'm still getting the "invalid action" error when using the provided link to sign up a reader. I still have to go in and do it manually. Is the next scheduled maintanence going to address that or is this a unique/different issue requiring a likewise fix?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: having same problem Reply with quote

I am not aware of any problem, and can not reproduce any error related to the URLs used when creating a reader account.

If you believe there is an issue, please send us a support request and describe as accurately as possible the following 3 points:
  • Here's what I did.
  • here's what I thought would happen.
  • Here's what happened instead.
That might help us to understand where the issue lies.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: