BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tools to analyse custom log file format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: tools to analyse custom log file format Reply with quote

Anyone found a client-side program -- for Windows XP -- capable of correctly reading the log files produced by blogharbor?

I understand they are Apache log files, but they do not apparently conform to the Common Log Format and the two programs Ive tried, Mach5 and
OpenWebScope, cant recognise them.

Geoff
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: tools to analyse custom log file format Reply with quote

I will try to get some information for you on this. I'll post here when I have something for you.
kow626

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Still looking for a compatible log file reader. Reply with quote

I"ve also run into problems where log file reader/analysis software doesn't recognize the blogharbor log files. I tried Xlogan, awstats, and weblog expert lite with no success. They say the log file format can't be read or is unsupported. Any suggestions on a free tool that actually works and is compatible? Or do things need to be changed server-side?

I have a couple other questions too. Does blogharbor ever plan on having real-time, easily readable stats for those of us that pay for our storage and bandwidth?

And I've finally managed to organize my blog the way I want it. I've created a videos component using the favorites/web pages tools and I like the way it looks and works. I just want to know if any of the actual videos or web pages are searchable by crawlers, search engines, etc.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Still looking for a compatible log file reader. Reply with quote

I've also run into problems where log file reader/analysis software doesn't recognize the blogharbor log files

You are right, we're trying to find a solution for you.

Does blogharbor ever plan on having real-time, easily readable stats

Real time stats are not on the horizon. Like almost all web hosting companies, we rotate server logs on a daily basis and provide statistics based on those logs. It is unlikely we would ever be able to process those logs in even "near real-time."

If you need real-time estimates of your current traffic, try something like Sitemeter or Performancing. These remote services will never be able to see the totality of your traffic (they can't see when someone requests your RSS feed, an image, search engine robots, etc.) but they can certainly provide additional insight into your traffic.

I've created a videos component using the favorites/web pages tools and I like the way it looks and works. I just want to know if any of the actual videos or web pages are searchable by crawlers, search engines, etc.

If your content is linked to somewhere on your blog, the search engines will find it and index it.
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: log file analyzer Reply with quote

any suggestions yet on a good, reliable log file analyzer yet? Preferably free?
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: