BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Importing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Importing Reply with quote

I have been using Blogdrive.com for the past year and a half. I'm leaving that site because customer service is virtually non-existent. The BLOG address is http://JLWalther.blogdrive.com.

Is there any way that I can import all of the weekly columns into my new site at http://thetruefacts.blogharbor.com?

I hate to loose all of those archived articles. I still have the originals on my hardrive. If an import is not possible, can the old ones be back-entered?

Thanks for any help.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Reply with quote

Is there any way that I can import all of the weekly columns

It's possible to import articles, categories, and comments from Movable Type/Typepad or Blogger weblogs, or import from compatible export files.

These articles that you have, are they from an automatically generated export file create by Blogdrive?

If so and they are compatible with Movable Type/Typepad or Blogger export formats, it may be possible for you to import them in automatically.

If not, then you would have to use the old cut and paste method to bring them in...
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: importing Reply with quote

Understood, John. I will have to use the old cut and paste routine. Having said this, will I be able to enter back-dated articles. I would only be interested in 12-months worth the columns.

In other words, is it possible for me to back to June of 2005; copy each week's column; and then post it into Blogharbor as a June of 2005 post?

Again, thanks for any help.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: importing Reply with quote

Please see Specifying publication date and time in our Publisher's Manual.
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: importing Reply with quote

John, if the links you placed in your reply to me are supposed to go anywhere, they don't. I receive an error message telling me that I'm not authorized to view the pages.

I can go to the manual and look the stuff up. However, if you intended to pinpoint the location with those links, you should know that there seems to be a problem with them.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: importing Reply with quote

Woops - looks like I accidentally added our own forums to the firewall! Embarassed This will be cleared up in about 15 minutes.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: