BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's this mean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: What's this mean Reply with quote

I tried bringing my BLOG up and received this error message>

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://thetruefacts.blogharbor.com/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.
This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
Your cache administrator is ops@tucows.com.

Could someone tell me what this means?

Joe Walther

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:01:52 GMT by bw-sq2.blogware.com (squid/2.5.STABLE13)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this mean Reply with quote

jlwaltherjr wrote:
I tried bringing my BLOG up and received this error message>

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

This is an error on our side, the cause is the large volume of spams which we are being attacked with... When the spammers launch a large volley, it ties up our system and temporarily causes a logjam, resulting in errors like you are seeing.

We've had security analysts looking at the system all day, and we're beginning to block spam traffic before it gets to the servers. Also database analysts are working on ways to increase the throughput of the system so that these types of attacks will have less of an impact on our service.

Sorry for the inconvenience, you may see some errors like this in the short term as we continue to implement additional layers of protection.
gristgal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: The War on Spam Reply with quote

And the renewed spam attacks are the reason why the stats aren't up yet? You guys usually have them up by about 3am Eastern Time.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The War on Spam Reply with quote

gristgal wrote:
And the renewed spam attacks are the reason why the stats aren't up yet?

Yes, that's exactly the reason why stats aren't up yet. We had to temporarily suspend some of the daily tasks such as stats processing which can take up a large amount of resources in order to ensure stability. We'll catch up on stats processing as soon as we can.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: