BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Internal server error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sricha27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Internal server error Reply with quote

When I try to publish from Blogjet or Windows Live writer today I get the following error:

Error attempting to connect to weblog at:
http://www.blogware.com/xmlrpc.cgi

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Internal server error Reply with quote

I just tested XML-RPC access with a blogging client and it seems to be working at this time. Are you still experiencing a problem?
sricha27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: yes same error Reply with quote

Hi John,

Just tried again with both live writer and blogjet, both give the same error

Steve
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: yes same error Reply with quote

I still can not duplicate this. Are there any log files which contain timestamps and the request your software sent and the response you received from our server? If you can find that information, can you send it to us at support at blogharbor dot com ? That would help us to figure out what's happening.
sricha27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: it appears that the posts are being made ... Reply with quote

but an error is being reported. In both blogjet and live writer the posts are suceeding but an error is being reported. Hence I have loads of repeated posts which have now been deleted!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: it appears that the posts are being made ... Reply with quote

I am sorry if you misunderstood me when I said that I could not duplicate it, I did not mean that I did not believe you. I don't at all doubt you are experiencing a problem and that errors are being reported, I simply can not duplicate it so I need additional information so that our admins can look into this. Your blogging client should keep a log of some type. Can you check the documentation to find where it logs and send us a recent log file?
sricha27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Other posts seem to be working now Reply with quote

the post I was having problems with seems to be the only one with an issue. It must have got itself into some part completed state, that resulted in an error every time it was reposted. Subsequent posts are working fine. It seems to be the problem must have been server side as I tried posting with different editors. Unfortunately I can find no log files with additional details, but thanks for your help.

Steve
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: