BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
domain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holdamayo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: domain Reply with quote

Hello,

My blog is located at http:// holdthatmayo.blogharbor.com but I recently registered "holdthatmayo" though yahoo! domains. So my question is how can I have my blog now appear at www.holdthatmayo.com.

Thanks!!!\
Craig
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: domain Reply with quote

Please read our page Use a Custom Domain Name for your Blog Address, everything you need to know is in there.

I'm not sure if Yahoo domains will do DNS for domains which are not hosted through their service; if you choose Method 3 we can do your DNS for you.
holdamayo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would prefer to do option #3 from your link and have blogharbor handle the DNS stuff. But I am not sure how to do the following: (I am usig yahoo for my domain name)

In order to use our DNS service, you would change the nameservers which are listed for your domain name at your current domain name registration provider to the following values:

ns1.mdnsservice.com
ns2.mdnsservice.com
ns3.mdnsservice.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this help page at Yahoo which seems to explain how to change your nameservers with them.
holdamayo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help John. I just changed the server names in my yahoo account. as of now, holdthatmayo.com does not work just yet but I read it can take 24-48 hours to propogate. Is there anything else I need to do in the meantime?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last step in our instructions were:

Quote:
Be sure to contact us and inform us which method you have chosen when you have made your DNS changes so that we can update your account settings to ensure that your blog responds at the new address.

so if you didn't do that, then nothing would happen. Wink I've just configured your account to use the new domain name so you should be all set.
holdamayo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, it works now !!!
galba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new domain but it'll take a few days to complete a registration.

My question is: what will happen to the old one (galba.blogharbor.com) when I change location of my blog to this new one? What if someone enters the previous adress? Will it redirect him to the new one?

I ask because I don't know if I can ask people to link my present blogharbor adress or wait a few days and give them the new one. I'm going to inaugurate my blog today or tomorrow and don't want to ask them again after a few days to change links on their pages.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can make sure that your current address forwards to your domain name address when you set it up. Make sure you review Use a Custom Domain Name for your Blog Address.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: