BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Viewing Permissions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spsilos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Viewing Permissions Reply with quote

I have created four categories and have a test user assigned to read/post in the four categories and created a couple of post within one of the categories and when I log in to the site I can still see the post on the main page. Why is that?

Can I accomplish setting up four topics or posts and on the main page and allowing access to only post within those four topics and no access to the main page?
spsilos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: User security Reply with quote

I have created a user as trusted poster and read access to main page but user is still able to add to main page. Why is that?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Viewing Permissions Reply with quote

I have created four categories and have a test user assigned to read/post in the four categories and created a couple of post within one of the categories and when I log in to the site I can still see the post on the main page. Why is that?

If you set a post to "Bubble up to higher categories" it will appear on any parent categories (such as the Main Page category) as well as any category it was posted to. See the Categories page in the user manual for more information on bubbling up.

Can I accomplish setting up four topics or posts and on the main page and allowing access to only post within those four topics and no access to the main page?

I assume you mean "access to only post to specific categories but no access to post to the Main Page." Yes, you can do that by creating custom permissions for that user, and not setting them as a Trusted Poster.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: User security Reply with quote

I have created a user as trusted poster and read access to main page but user is still able to add to main page. Why is that?

A Trusted Poster can post to any category including the Main Page, that's why they are called a "Trusted Poster" - because you trust them and allow them to post to any category. If you want to specify posting permissions on a per category basis, then you need to set Custom Permissions for that user.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Setting posting defaults Reply with quote

FYI, if you want to change the new article page so that Bubble up to higher categories is not checked by default, you can set the posting defaults in the control panel at Settings & Security > Publishing Defaults > Posts. Look for the "Articles should bubble up" checkbox, uncheck it, and click Save Changes.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: