BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Setting future post date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Setting future post date Reply with quote

I do a lot of posts late in the evening, and I like to get them in before midnight. Sometimes I'm a few minutes late, and then I may (not always) reset the official post time back before midnight.

I like this feature, but I can't understand why it will let you change the date after it's up, and let you adjust the minutes backward, but it won't let you set the minutes forward. And it won't let you set the minutes in the first place. I was trying to fudge it all. I got totally messed up and had to delete the post and recreate it. What I wanted was to set the post time for 11:30, and leave the computer. Now I'm here, so the point is moot (except for the frustration and time lost).
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Setting future post date Reply with quote

It is only possible to set a "post to the future" on the hour, it is not possible to specify a future post to the minute.

Once an article has been published, it is possible to reset the date to a future date, but since the article has already been published it will not behave like a "post to the future". Meaning it will remain on the blog but show a future date; unlike an actual post to the future which would not appear on the blog until that future date.

I just tested the system and had no troubles resetting an existing article to an earlier day or time, so that feature appears to be working as it is supposed to.
gristgal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted to 12am of yesterday, and then tried to reset to 11:30pm yesterday. It was still 10-something at the time. It would NOT permit me to reset it to a time still in the future. That's what I wanted to do.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: