BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Switched category?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Switched category? Reply with quote

I happened to look back at a recent post - http://gristandgristle.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2006/9/27/2364507.html - and discovered a category listing that really didn't belong. I opened it, thinking to find that I'd clicked a wrong box. It's not showing that box clicked, but it is showing another category selected that's not shown when someone opens that post.

How could it be mixing up Whimpers, Whines & Whinges with Analysis>Sciences>Biology>Wildlife??? Confused (Imagine that as a whole line of confused smileys; that's how I feel)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Switched category? Reply with quote

Not sure what you are trying to tell us the problem is... The 6 categories which are checked in the control panel are the same 6 categories which are displayed on the blog page... I don't see any mismatches; Whimpers, Whines & Whinges is not checked in the control panel but Biology & Medicine/Wildlife is. And that's what appears on the blog.

Which do you see checked in the control panel that does not appear on the blog or vice versa?
gristgal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. That's not how it displayed on my screen. I checked Whimpers, etc., and expected it to show up. I did not check Wildlife (there ain't none o' that thar stuff in the post).

So the problem is different than what I thought at first. How did it happen that I checked Whimpers, and Blogware read Wildlife?? They aren't adjacent in the categories list.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a test post to your "Wishes, Whines & Whinges" category and it showed up in the right place. If you find a reproducible scenario in which a post set to appear in one category appears in a different one instead, please let us know the steps to recreate the issue.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: