BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Locking in on a preferred category menu list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Locking in on a preferred category menu list Reply with quote

I like the fact that when I am at a certain level, the blog only displays the following category menu in the left column:

Categories

Contact
Baseball School
Tournaments
NWSBT
SBT
MCBT
Fall Baseball
BIO

Is there something I can do to the template to have this category menu stay just the same even when a viewer goes into one of the subcategories?

For example, if I were to click in an article in the 'Baseball School' category, I would still see the following same menu at left:

Categories
Contact
Baseball School
Tournaments
NWSBT
SBT
MCBT
Fall Baseball
BIO

Additional note: There are higher parent categories, but I do not want to display the parent categories when I am at the level of these categories.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Locking in on a preferred category menu list Reply with quote

Is there something I can do to the template to have this category menu stay just the same even when a viewer goes into one of the subcategories?

The Categories component is built to display only subcategories contained within the current category. For your purposes, I would create a Favorites list containing links to your categories, that would ensure that your menu is static...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: