BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to cancel Forum account?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: How to cancel Forum account? Reply with quote

Hi there,

How to cancel Forum account? I want to delete my Forum user name and email account because it appears that the spam I receive in that email account is coming from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to cancel Forum account? Reply with quote

Just to be clear, you don't actually have a "forum email account." You already had an email account, and you used it to register your forum username. So if I delete your forum account, it will have no affect on any email accounts you are presently using; removing your forum account will not delete any email accounts. Does that match your understanding?

I think there's no relation between any spam you receive and the fact that this is a phpBB forum... There are probably hundreds of thousands of phpBB forums on the net.

Regardless, we can remove your forum account if you still wish.
kerry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Please remove my Forum account Reply with quote

Hi there,
Just to be really, really clear, you have misquoted me in this repsonse. I didn't write "forum email account " Take another look at my query: I wrote "my Forum user name and email account" and I'm sure you understood immediately that I am referring to the user name and the requisite email account address in the Profile area of this forum template. Does that , well, let me put it in YOUR words: - "Does that match your understanding?" Of course I want to - well, again, in YOUR words - "we can remove your forum account" - remove my forum account. Go ahead. Why else would I ask?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Please remove my Forum account Reply with quote

Not sure what there was in my reply above that necessitated such a snarky response. Sad I was just trying to verify that when you said "I want to delete my Forum user name and email account" that you were not under the impression that you had a "forum email account". I think that was a totally valid reading of your sentence and I was simply trying to be helpful. Seems that that you interpreted my reply otherwise, I certainly didn't mean to insult you by asking the question.

In any, your forum account will be removed. If you want to post here in the future, you'll need to create a new forum account.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: