BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Re-ordering posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danno25nh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re-ordering posts Reply with quote

how do I re-order posts on my blog? instead of most recent at the top I want most recent at the bottom. But just on the journal portion
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-ordering posts Reply with quote

Good question, unfortunately is not currently possible to order your posts in reverse chronological order. We'll log this as a feature request and perhaps in a future revision of the system this capability will be available.
Kyle93815

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Danno, why do you want to reorder the posts? I guess I mean, what are you trying to accomplish?
abacquer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-ordering posts Reply with quote

john wrote:
Good question, unfortunately is not currently possible to order your posts in reverse chronological order. We'll log this as a feature request and perhaps in a future revision of the system this capability will be available.

Forgive me for stickling, Wink but in fact posts are currently in reverse chronological order. Reverse chrono = most recent first, oldest last. The ordering that Danno is asking for would be "chronological order".

I've only seen a couple blogs that use chrono-order... believe it or not, there are some valid uses for chrono ordering in a blog--if your blog entries are contiguous episodes in a story, or are a series of comic strips, or in some other way episodic, one would necessarily want to begin at the beginning and then move forward.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-ordering posts Reply with quote

abacquer wrote:
Forgive me for stickling, Wink but in fact posts are currently in reverse chronological order. Reverse chrono = most recent first, oldest last. The ordering that Danno is asking for would be "chronological order".

Duh, really I did know that. Embarassed I ask for your forgiveness over the next few weeks if I seem a little less on the ball, we just had our first baby (a beautiful little girl!) and I am slowly adjusting to life without sleep. Wink

Please feel free to correct me anytime, Abacquer!
abacquer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Re-ordering posts Reply with quote

john wrote:
abacquer wrote:

Duh, really I did know that. Embarassed I ask for your forgiveness over the next few weeks if I seem a little less on the ball, we just had our first baby (a beautiful little girl!) and I am slowly adjusting to life without sleep. Wink

Please feel free to correct me anytime, Abacquer!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Congratulations on your little one! How wonderful for you. This is an amazing time. Enjoy it as much as you can. Cool

My baby girl just turned 7 years old and is now officially a "big girl" (by her own decree). I suspect Britney Spears posters are only a few years away. Shocked
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: