BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS feed not showing pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blogger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: RSS feed not showing pictures Reply with quote

I have an RSS feed listed on my blog http://drgadget.blogharbor.com/blog that should be showing pictures. Instead it only lists the titles (descriptions) of the pictures. The feed should be displaying 90px thumbnails. The feed comes from http://www.splashblog.com/rss.aspx?blog=rosyglasses. Is there anyway to tweak the code someplace in Blogharbor to display the pictures? I can't control the content of the RSS feed except how many pictures and what size.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: RSS feed not showing pictures Reply with quote

Our RSS Headline Component feature can only display on your blog the headlines from remote RSS feeds, it does not display the content of those feeds. So that feed may indeed contain images in those entries, but our RSS Headline Component will link the headlines of those entries to the permanent link on the remote site, it will not display the content of those entries.
Blogger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Other RSS Options Reply with quote

Are there any other options to show RSS picture feeds? I'm thinking of something like a third party website that would process my RSS feed and allow me to drop the code into a custom component like I did with Cbox chat. At any rate can you think of a work around to pull those pictures in?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Other RSS Options Reply with quote

You could try http://feed2js.org/ which would allow you to create a Javascript which you could use to add a custom component to your blog which would display the contents of the RSS feed.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: