BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Avoiding duplicate content w/ Google

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Avoiding duplicate content w/ Google Reply with quote

Adam Lasnik of Google posted an interesting article yesterday defining duplicate content...

...and particularly mentioning blogs and other platforms that show the same content in multiple formats, as most of us do with our categories and monthly archives. Meanwhile, there has been a rather long ongoing discussion at WebMasterWorld about how to deal with this issue on Wordpress blogs:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/3097706.htm

I was wondering if anyone here has tried to deal with this issue, and if so, if you could share any tips/strategies?

[webmaster edited the long url)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Avoiding duplicate content w/ Google Reply with quote

I've never actually seen a problem regarding Google's analysis of content on our platform. Archives are not duplicate content, and I know for a fact that Google does not view them as such. And Google's search engine does seem to properly handle categories and does not impose a penalty because you post content to multiple categories. Google's search engine understands the top blogging systems pretty well... I don't think there's any issue you need to worry about here.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: